- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A., 2008
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- District of Connecticut
- District of Massachusetts
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice while representing respondent in an action brought pursuant to The Hague Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of claims seeking dozens of millions of dollars in liability while representing several investment companies and trusts
- Successfully obtained class certification for two separate classes in a nation-wide class action alleging common law fraud
- Obtained dismissal of claims pursuant to Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act while representing a national company, its directors, and agents
- Obtained favorable settlement for an art collector in a case involving conversion of paintings and breach of fiduciary duties by a New York gallery, notwithstanding the large number of creditors and scarce funds
- “3 Tips For Managing Distractions Caused By Out-Of-Work Stress,” Above the Law, February 10, 2017
- “Email Etiquette For Lawyers – Beware Of The Send Button,” Above the Law, January 27, 2017
- “Stop And Smell The Holly,” Above the Law, December 23, 2016
- “Looks Matter In Litigation,” Above the Law, October 21, 2016
- “The Art Of Client Communication: Avoid Legal Jargon; Give Sufficient Detail, But Don’t Drown Them In It,” Above the Law, August 12, 2016
- “Legalese: Won’t Do With It, Can’t Do Without It,” Above the Law, July 1, 2016
- “To Be A Good Litigator, You Must Be A Good Counselor (And Therapist),” Above the Law, April 15, 2016
Stefan Savic is a trial lawyer at Balestriere Fariello who represents clients in trials, appeals, mediations, and transactions. He focuses on commercial litigation in courts and arbitral bodies around the nation, including business disputes before federal and state courts in matters involving contract disputes, directors’ fiduciary duties, misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair trade practices, and RICO claims. Mr. Savic also has represented clients in nation-wide class actions and False Claims Act litigations.
While Mr. Savic’s work largely focuses on civil litigation, his work extends to that aimed to avoid litigation. Mr. Savic assists clients with their formation, employment, shareholders, and licensing agreement, using his litigation experience to draft clauses that will account for the worst case scenario and avoid subsequent costly litigation.
Mr. Savic’s work prior to joining Balestriere Fariello as an attorney includes that with the United Nations Development Programme, United States District Court for District of Connecticut, one of the largest Connecticut law firms, and a fortune 500 utility company’s legal department. Stefan is a certified mediator in the state of Connecticut.
Mr. Savic is a native of Belgrade, Serbia, which is where he graduated high school. He received his bachelor degree in political science from Columbia University where he was a varsity athlete in two sports, football and heavyweight crew. He received his J.D. with high honors from Quinnipiac University School of Law, where he received numerous recognitions including those for his oral and written advocacy as well as the highest grade in several courses.