Jillian L. McNeil
Jillian L. McNeil
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- New York
- Southern and Eastern District Courts of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Won a favorable verdict in civil RICO at federal trial, obtaining treble damages and attorney’s fees for client
- Successfully defended environmental testing company in federal false claims action
- Obtained favorable settlement through mediation in tortious interference and defamation action
- Defended multinational company through summary judgment in federal court, obtaining a dismissal of action alleging multiple breaches of fiduciary duty and intentional torts
- Won favorable verdict in defamation action in New York County Supreme Court
- Advised start-up company regarding litigation risk management, and prepared internal documents regarding operations and procedures
- “Work With Other Professionals You Trust to Better Serve Your Clients,” Above the Law, January 13, 2017
- “Sometimes, To Get Things Done, You Must Simply Pick Up The Phone,” Above the Law, October 7, 2016
- “When The Court Asks A Question, Answer It,” Above the Law, September 2, 2016
- “A Law Firm Should Hire Apprentices, Not Interns,” Above the Law, July 8, 201
- “Even When On Trial, The Preparation Is Not Over,” Above the Law, April 1, 2016
Jillian L. McNeil is a trial lawyer at Balestriere Fariello who represents clients in trials, arbitrations, appeals, and transactions.
Jillian focuses on complex commercial litigation, including business disputes before federal and state courts and arbitral bodies in matters involving contract disputes, misappropriation of trade secrets and proprietary information, tortious interference with contractual relations, unfair trade practices, and defamation.
Jillian also has represented plaintiffs and defendants in False Claims Act, Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (“RICO”) Act, and Dodd-Frank Act litigation in courts around the Nation. Jillian also supervises the firm’s legal analyst program and in that capacity trains firm analysts in writing, research, and other topics.
Jillian, a California native, graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a degree in Classics and a concentration in Ancient Art. Jillian graduated from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, with a concentration in Real Estate Law.
While at Cardozo, Jillian participated in the school’s Advanced Housing Rights Litigation Clinic, representing and advocating for New York City tenants in housing court, and was a student editor of the Cardozo Public Law, Policy & Ethics Journal. Jillian also apprenticed at Balestriere Fariello while in law school.