About the job
Our rapidly growing trials and investigations law firm is looking for a motivated Business Development Associate to help us develop new business and promote our firm.
As the Business Development Associate, your duties will include establishing networks with attorneys, maintaining valued relationships, scheduling meetings for partners, cultivating new client relationships, and working closely with the firm’s chief attorney to move the firm forward. Candidates should have the right blend of outbound calling and relationship building skills.
Successful applicants should be team players who not only understand how to identify a new opportunity, but also know what it takes to lead business development forward and realize that opportunity. We’re especially looking for someone with great communication skills, as you’ll be expected to interact with firm partners, company executives, established partners at national law firms, and domestic and international clients on a daily basis through phone and email communication.
Note: This is an in-house position. Our office is located in lower Manhattan at 225 Broadway, 29th Floor, New York, New York 10007.
- Collaborates with leadership to generate leads, retain clients, and grow business
- Creates and maintains database of prospective clients
- Conducts outbound calls to potential clients
- Works with Partners on law firm goals and forecasting
- Maintains short- and long-term business development plans
- Sets meetings and coordinate Partners’ schedules
- Creates and sends email and newsletter campaigns
- Manages Partners’ social media profiles
The Business Development Associate will focus on client acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management with prospective clients, attorneys, and law firms in the United States and abroad. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales and increase revenue. Preference will be given to candidates with a background or interest in law, business and/or the entrepreneurial/start up sector.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or studies in communication, business, marketing or equivalent area of study
- Some experience in an office setting preferred
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Outbound and cold calling experience
- Social media savvy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Friendly and outgoing personality that works well with a team – collaboration is essential at our firm and a hallmark of all of our work.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply!
Reports to: Firm’s chief attorney and firm chief of staff. The Business Development Associate will work daily with the chief attorney to ensure the firm is building its brand, and its relationships with clients and others.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com, with the subject heading, as appropriate, of “Business Development Associate“:
- Cover Letter
- Writing sample of no more than 5-7 pages
- Unofficial copy of an up-to-date transcript
- List of at least three references (including at least one employer reference). Include an email address and phone number for each reference.